Pages

Thursday 13 February 2014

You Were Born An Original Dont Die A Copy!

 
The main thing that used to bug me when I was younger was other people not having a mind of their own! They would copy things i do or things i say and I suppose in one way some people could look at that as you should be flattered but for me it was just annoying!

Like you buy a nice top and they like it so much they get it too.. that's fine until your out in your friend group and its like a episode of who wore it best!
Or when you get a haircut and someone copies the same colour and cut!!! Its like ok.. I can still be OK with this.. but you just think I made a change to myself because I wanted to be different. Not necessarily stand out just be different and then when someone does the same thing as you it can be really annoying for you right? is it not just me that was thinking like this when we were younger?
 
After a while what do you do? There's all your friends looking more or less the same and there's nothing to make you different anymore.. (its almost as if its started to be like in American films when theres the stereotype groups of jocks goths emos geeks..etc etc) unless you take a whole new approach and do something completely the opposite your not going to win are you. So your stuck.. Looking the same.

Sorry for this little kind of 'rant' but this was on my mind today! People copy each other all the time, I think sometimes its allowed and acceptable but for those who started it surely they feel just how I felt when I was younger and sometimes feel today.



There's this quote I've seen going around
"You Were Born An Original, Don't Die A Copy"
- John Mason






I think certain people need to read that and think about what they do or how they act before they go do something.. you may even regret not being your own person when your older and look back. You'll wish you didn't follow the crowd and done things your own way. Its like when people copy other people's hard work when they are writing a book or something! Just use what's in your own head.. look at other people for examples and inspiration.. But not to copy!

Thanks For Reading
Emma
xoxo

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment