Pages

Saturday 1 February 2014

My Hair Story

I'm sure if your a female reading this you will sure know what I mean! 
I remember the first time i coloured my hair I think I was about 13 my mum bought one of them highlighting caps (the one that makes you look like your about to go swimming haha) and a blonde hair dye to do 'blonde highlights'. I can't remember it making a big difference. 

The picture below was my natural hair colour before I had used any hair dye I was in my first year of high school in this picture I think.
 

A while later I decided I wanted brown hair it did come out brown but for my 13 year old self was not enough of a difference. 

From the age of 14 until I was 16/17 I decided I wanted black hair! I loved it. I went through that 'emo' faze and i put thick eyeliner on, make my face a very light matte finish and I'd wear a lot of black. My hair was very long and silky and looked healthy.  Below are some pictures of my hair when it was black.
 
 


Next I decided I wanted to go lighter again and remember this process well *DISCLAIMER* this destroyed my hair for the first time. I used the Jerome Russell bleach from superdrug. 

I think I must have bleached it about 4 or 5 times in 2 days ( yes very bad for my hair I was still 'learning') it went a very bright orange colour and I eventually gave up and ended up buying a really nice Mahogony colour which was fairly dark.
This didn't last long as I was determined to get light hair I tried the same method once again and ended up with really bright yellow toned blonde hair it did not Suit me and I hated it!
So there I go again off to superdrug and I decided is go bright red this time! The colour come out lovely (used Live Colour XXL) but faded fairly quickly. I then at that point had given up trying to do crazy things as my hair probably would have started to fall out I then just put a dark brown hairdye on and it was a nice brown/Red colour for about a year then, Somewhere in between I went a very dark brown with blonde under the front section I loved this and did have that for a while. Below is a few pictures of my hair when I had blonde under the front section. 


 

At the end of November 2013 I decided I wanted to go blonde again my hair had faded to a light brown and thought it would take well this time. 
Below is my hair before bleaching  in November. 
 
 
It didn't take that well and I was walking  with a orange toned blonde head for about 3 weeks it did tone down with a purple shampoo below is the result before I went to the hairdressers.
 

Around my birthday (December 2013)  I decided to go to the hairdresser.  Below is the end result after I went to the hairdressers (not a massive difference but in different lights you could see the difference. 
 
 
 

My hairdresser did wonders on my hair and it looked really nice. It probably stayed just over a month then I decided enough is enough with wanting to be light I had been fairly dark haired from when I first started dying my hair and felt almost not myself. 
Below is the most recent picture of me.
 
 

So yes I have had a lot of experience of dying my hair bad and good. What's your opinion on coloured hair is it worth it is it not? In my opinion I think you should try out a few not too many or you will end up with shorter damaged hair like me now :( haha but no if your thinking about dying your hair maybe try a semi permeant to start with and if you like it get a permeant one.


Thanks for reading.

Emma xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Hey thanks! ill be posting a lot more now that I have a laptop my other one broke lol. ill check out your blog and follow you (: Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im on instagram too whats your account ill find you?
    your welcome. your blog looks lovely and really interesting ill probably find myself reading all your posts now! haha
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete