Pages

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Discovering Youtube.

 

 

Hi guys how are you today? Good? Ok then.. today I am going to be filling you in on how I came across YouTube and a few of my favourite YouTubers! This may be interesting for some of you if you have only just discovered the YouTube community or if your not new and you love watching YouTube videos then this might help you find new content to watch if you don't watch them already.

I always knew YouTube existed I just didn't really know what videos would go up or even why sometimes. It was a bit of a mystery to me first until.. I had been talking to my mum about decorating my room soon as it was coming up to the summer and I wanted a change, I couldn't think of what I really wanted though so I started to look for ideas online. I thought I would type in room décor ideas on Google and it come up with a few videos that said 'Room Tour' I was really intrigued so I clicked on one and it took me to YouTube I was surprised there was something like this on there. I cant even remember the first one I clicked on but I don't think it was very good because I didn't watch it long before I decided to look for others.. this day honestly changed my life I typed in 'room tour' and it come up with loads but that's when I found
JuicyStar07 aka Blair. Blair's (First) Room Tour.


After I started watching Blair I soon found her sister Elle and I watched them both for a couple of months not knowing there was more like them! I wanted some hair extensions and I just typed in hair extensions on YouTube and It come up with the first British YouTuber that I found which was.. FleurDeForce. She was reviewing clip in hair extensions. As time went on I was discovering more and more people like MissGlamorazzi , KandeeJohnson. After these I then found more British YouTubers I think the first boy I come across was JimChapman!

I watched a few of his videos and in one of them he mentioned his girlfriend Tanya and said she had a youtube channel and I thought to myself, this is brilliant I've found a whole new world of people and it became a hobby to watch them if it counts as one. I went on to Tanya's channel and started watching all her videos. I then became more and more interested and come across a haul so every time before I knew I was going shopping I would look for recent (no older than a month) hail videos for ideas and what to look out for when I am shopping. This is when I found this video of Zoella's I was instantly hooked and made sure I was checking back for another video more frequently!

I was un aware that YouTube had such amazing and interesting people. I think when your lonely or your just bored and haven't got anything to do you go searching for new things and I found YouTube. I spent hours and hours over that first summer I think it was 2010 watching loads of videos of all of the above people and instantly fell in love with them all.
These days I know what time some people upload and what days and I make sure to watch! I go on YouTube every day sometimes when I wake up and before I go to bed and I watch new videos on my phone.

At first I didn't tell people I watched them, I thought they might find it weird so for a long time it was kind of something I never mentioned to anyone until recently I told my friend Verity about them as I thought she would be interested and she was also shocked to know that these sort of people existed. She was inspired to write a blog and then convinced me into writing one myself. This is only the beginning, maybe one day I will be confident enough to start a YouTube channel and talk about things I enjoy, who knows? I may not but for now I enjoy watching everyone else's videos and writing a blog post when I've got something to talk about so it might not be every day because my life really isn't that exciting and I think it would bore you all.

I just thought I would link a few more people I have found over the years that I have really got into and are some of my favourite people to watch.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
JacksGap

Until next time.

Thanks for reading
Emma
xoxo
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
Disclaimer.. the picture at the top was found off google.

No comments:

Post a Comment